Wednesday 19 November 2014

A simple way to increase number of push ups

Here, I will cover a simple way you can use to increase your number of push ups. This works for pull ups, dips, squats and pretty much any other exercise you can think of. This can be split up into 4 steps.

Step 1 - find your max: Do as many push ups as you can with good form, this is your max

Step 2: Multiply your max by 4, then for the next 10 days, do a total of 4 times your max throughout each day, in multiple sets. Don't go anywhere near failure, stay at least 2-3 reps away from your max per set.

Step 3: Rest 3 days, do not do any push ups during this time, eat well, sleep loads and drink a lot of water.

Step 4: test your new max, and start from step 2 again.

Example:

Step 1: I test my max and can do 20 push ups

Step 2: 20 x 4 = 80. So throughout the day, I will do 80 total push ups. One day I might do 8 sets of 10, the next 16 sets of 5 etc. Stay creative, and listen to your body, if you are feeling weak, do more total sets and less reps per set.

Step 3: I take 3 days rest, eat well, drink milk and play Tekken.

Step 4:  I re-test my max and get 30 push ups, and start from step 2.

This is perfect for beginners, but will work for any level of strength. Remember, you have the whole day to complete the reps, don't be intimidated by the total number of reps, you can just do a set every hour, or 10 minutes, be creative and clever with it and you will find it a lot easier than it seems.

Hope this helps
Enjoy the gains.
Alex  

No comments:

Post a Comment